All students must have current physical and signed concussion papers before they are allowed onto field/court. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Click here for forms:
Forms will also be available in the front office and in the lobby during open house.
Students may also turn in this paper work during open house.
WSMS Athlete ExpectationsWest Stanly Middle School offers 11 sports for our 7th and 8th grade students:
Football, Cheerleading, Cross Country, Wrestling, Tennis, Volleyball, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball,
Co-ed Soccer, Softball, and Baseball.
To participate in school-sponsored athletics, they must meet the following criteria:
• Must have passed Reading, Communication Skills, Math,
and Science or Social Studies during the previous semester.
• Must have had an 85% attendance rate during the previous semester.
• Must have a valid physical on file. The physical cannot be more than a year old.
• Must not turn 15 years old by Aug. 31st.
• A parent of guardian must attend the team's parent meeting.
The admission fee for all football games is $5. All other sports $4.
All games start at 4 pm.